Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Book Review of The Painted Horse

I read The Painted Horse, by Angela Christina Archer in May. 

I was intrigued when I read Amazon's summary: "Alexandra Monroe is a slave smuggler, smuggling slaves north where they can live as free people. Her crime is sedition and her punishment, if caught, is death. The daughter of one of the wealthiest men in Montgomery, Alexandra lives a life not by her own accord, but a life she willingly accepts for her secret quest to save the lives of slaves."

The book is well written, and Angela's tale of the desires and struggles as a result of Alexandra's choices had me rooting for her to help as many slaves escape to the North as possible. I was sad and frustrated whenever I read about her family life, a wonderful result of Angela's talent for weaving an epic tale.


I also enjoyed reading about her forbidden love with William Graysden, a Creek Indian who was viewed as no better than the slaves that Alexandra helped flee to the North. They have brave hearts who complement each other well.


I plan to read more of Angela's novels and become lost in her fictional characters once more. You can find her in her online world
here.

* Disclaimer: This was not a free book nor is not a paid review.

1 comment: